[3830] NAQP RTTY K3CCR(N3UM) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, benn3um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY K3CCR(N3UM) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2018 16:02:10 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: K3CCR
Operator(s): N3UM
Station: K3CCR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 5,7

   80:   28    14
   40:   52    23
   20:   74    32
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  154    69  Total Score = 10,626

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington continuing-care
retirement community at FM 18OW in MD, just east of DC. For the
July 2018 NAQP RTTY only I (N3UM) was available to operate.

Our Orion II with a Signalink worked well in past RTTY tests, but
I wanted to use our K3S for RTTY instead, because I was in SOHC
[Single Op 2 Contest] mode, also doing CQ VHF, and the Orion is
next to the 2m. rig and has a 6M. transverter. The K3S copied
RTTY fine, but I just could not get it to send RTTY. OK, Plan B,
use K3S for 6m. and Orion for RTTY, and change chairs to QSY
between 2 and 6m.

At start 18-1830Z I was on 2m. but heard very few signals, CQing
or tuning and got only 5 QSOs in 4 grids. So, I went to 20m. RTTY
and got 34 Qs and 20 St/Pv mults in 1.4 hr, 1833-1956.  I then got
12 RTTY Qs and 10 mults on 40m, but it was slow so I went back to 20.
At 21Z supper-break QRT, total was 60 QS and 33 mults.

After supper I did OK on 20m. for an hr. but 40 was much
better, 40 more Qs and 15 mults. I went to 80m. at 0215Z when 40
got weak and long, and did well there till 0306 QRT to sleep.

On all bands I got 33 states including AK and 3 VE provinces;
31 of these were worked on 20 m, but I got MI, MN, OH, ON, and
PA only on 40 and/or 80m. My one NA country mult was ZF on 20 m.
Claimed score is ~500 points above our previous best in NAQP RTTY.