[3830] IOTA VE9AA SO12CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA VE9AA SO12CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 13:14:20 +0000
                    IOTA Contest

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SO12CW LP
QTH: NA-014 Deer
Operating Time (hrs): 3:53

   80:
   40:    2       0
   20:  148       9
   15:   27       2
   10:    4       0
Total:  181      11       0        0  Total Score = 13,035

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

XYL wanted to go beachcombing so instead of going to the Bay of Fundy in S. NB,
we went over to Deer Island, missing the first 2 Ferries >9am(sad story), but
were first in line for the 3rd....so, got a late start around lunchtime.

Condx were drab on 20m, but heard some strong signals (Es) on 10 & 15m,
however very few were actively checking those bands I guess. (NR3X and AA3B were
though - good job finding me in 3.8 nanoseconds Nate and Bud!)

Only worked a total of 9 Islands, 3 of them in NA iirc....and one of the EU ones
was EU-005 ;-)

This was 1/2 hour here, 20mins there. Setup/teardown of some of the incar stuff
each time.

Very Eurocentric contest I think.  Could hear some of the stronger ones running
pileups, but no way to get through to most of them with a MINI COOPER parked
near a beach and 100w.

Put on some miles, checked out the sights, ate some fish n' chips, spent some
money, got some Q's in the log and said hello to some friends.  A lot of CWOps
were out and about !

Best ears award on 15m goes to VE3MGY who was a sniff above the noise. WTG
Brian. On 20m it was W4AN. K4BAI was uber loud on 20m, as were some W2's ...odd

dit dit

Mike VE9AA from Deer Island, NB, NA-014 this weekend (QSL's to VE3IKV)

2009 MINI COOPER (parked), FT-857D, Scorpion SA-680S Alien Death Ray,
 N3ZN paddles, and actually used a computer and WinKeyer USB to help out with
the sending this time.