[3830] IOTA G6XX(@G4FAL) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nick@totterdell.co.uk
Subject: [3830] IOTA G6XX(@G4FAL) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 19:00:01 +0000
                    IOTA Contest

Call: G6XX
Operator(s): G4FAL G4BYG G4DRS 2E0NCN
Station: G4FAL

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IO93EJ
Operating Time (hrs): 24h00

   80:   236      50      69       28
   40:   446      76     251       51
   20:   781      91     397       55
   15:   284      39     179       30
   10:   100      13      49       12
Total:  1847     269     945      176  Total Score = 8,648,575

Club: RSGB Contest Club

Comments:

Saturday afternoon had threats of thunderstorms and large storm cloud passed by
quite close to the north of us. This meant that we had to stop using the higher
aerials for an hour or so to protect our equipment.
With four operators we planned to balance SSB and CW operating but found that CW
was more effective due to the noisy atmospheric conditions. Propagation on 10m
was quite good all weekend but we could only find a limited number of IOTA
island stations.  20m was our main focus with the bands either side used at the
same time. We found that it was hard to work the nearby UK island stations
except on 40m and 80m. Some we rarely heard and others had streams of callers
and didn't hear us.  We aimed for 3000 QSOs and about 450 multipliers and didn't
quite achieve either of these - but not for want of trying.  It was good to work
many friends on British, Portuguese and Greek islands and to enjoy operating the
radios as a team.