[3830] IOTA K1IMI M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IOTA K1IMI M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 00:15:31 +0000
                    IOTA Contest

Call: K1IMI
Operator(s): N4CW W4TMO
Station: K1IMI

Class: M/S LP
QTH: NA-137 Bailey Island
Operating Time (hrs): 9

   80:
   40:   11       6        0       0
   20:  233      22       29       4
   15:
   10:
Total:  244      28       29       4  Total Score = 59,360

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This year we operated from Bailey Island, just east of Brunswish, Maine, in
Cumberland County. What was really different was that we started the contest
under cloudy conditions which changed to dense fog for the remainder of the day.
At one point, visibility was about 100 feet/30metres! We were trying to hit the
300 QSO mark when rain and thunder started; it was time to quit!
Overall, we did better than last year. Many signals were just at or above the
noise level; some stations we worked just faded away as they were giving their
exchange! A quiet (S5) noise level really helped. We got the impression that US
activity was up...great fun working old friends again.
Only one hit by Murphy this year when we changed antennas on the magnetic roof
mount and broke the coax lead going to it. Fortunately we had no problems with
the trailer hitch mount...but early on we did have a bad barrel connector there
that took a half hour to isolate! That's how it is...
Thanks to all the stations that patiently copied us through many attempts at
completing the QSO's. We'll give it another try next year. 73 de N4CW and W4TMO