[3830] NAQP CW W5MX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W5MX Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2018 18:07:55 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W5MX
Operator(s): W5MX
Station: W5MX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ky
Operating Time (hrs): 9:46

  160:   13    11
   80:  138    33
   40:  338    48
   20:  211    45
   15:   21    12
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  721   149  Total Score = 107,429

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Team: KCG Central

Comments:

I had planned on it. but was not able to drive to my contest qth for this one so
ran from home.

Only used a 40m delta loop for 10m-40m, and a wire vertical for 80 that I threw
up Sat morning. This worked well on most bands, but 160 of course. Normally I
would run on 160 from the contest location, but with the limitations I struggled
to make a few Q's at high swr using the 80m vertical. Conditions on 20 and 40
were good here, 80 was ok albeit a bit noisy. 160 didn't sound bad considering
80m vert for tx/rx, set aside normal summer QRN.

My first off time ended up at 1:45 and with a minimum of 30 min per, I gave away
15 mins of op time. A work call and request from the XYL lengthened the first
off time, but hey, such is life!

Overall. I had a great time. Operating from home does have advantages such as a
real dinner rather than cup o soup with water heated on a small gas camping
stove :-) .

Nice to work so many of the usual contest suspects with quite a few new ones
thrown in. I much appreciate all the Q's!
TNX es 73's all! Cu in the next one.
Bryan
W5MX