[3830] NAQP SSB W1UJ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W1UJ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2018 10:26:55 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: W1UJ
Operator(s): W1UJ
Station: W1UJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs): 2

  160:
   80:   72    22
   40:   30    20
   20:    7     5
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  109    47  Total Score = 5,123

Club: BARNSTORMERS

Team: YCCC Team 1

Comments:

Hey, that was fun.  Not much of a phone guy, and about 30 mins into the start, I
had not made a QSO yet and the extremely bad WX rolled in with Lightning and vy
Heavy rain-  Once the storm passed through later in the evening, I realized that
SSB had to be configured completely.... How hard could it be? FT8 is used from
the same PC...  About an hour later I found the N1MM settings that allowed SO2R
success! (Probably should have been checked first...) N1MM really is an amazing
tool.

Had a high-noise, fun 80m run late and worked a lot of big guns and a lot of
Dudes.

Thanks KC1CWF for organizing the YCCC Team. It was the motivating factor to not
give up on the audio chain setup and make any SSB effort.

uj