[3830] KsQP N0D(@WB9QAF) Mobile MOST LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] KsQP N0D(@WB9QAF) Mobile MOST LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2018 19:13:23 +0000
                    Kansas QSO Party

Call: N0D
Operator(s): WB9QAF KE0MVM
Station: WB9QAF

Class: Mobile MOST LP
QTH: NE
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   80:
   40:   74     18
   20:  343     21
   15:
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:  417     39      0  Mults = 38  Total Score = 50,274

Club:

Comments:

Wife and I had a blast.  Melted my rig by the end of day 1.  Thought I blew the
finals but it was just the power booster.  Had the old 897 for backup though.
Then Macgyvered the IC7000 back to life at a rest stop.  Beautiful drive from
the northern border to the southern border and back through the center of
Kansas.

IC7000 into Little Tarheel II.  Engine off running on AGM wheelchair battery.
Spotted myself on KQP website and ran until no more calls heard at each stop.
Not hearing the 1,500 stations like the rest of you mobiles.  Seems like I need
an antenna upgrade?  Would be grateful for any suggestions.  Want to compete
with the big boys!