[3830] NA Sprint CW K1LT LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vkean@k1lt.com, mrrc@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K1LT LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2018 04:14:06 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: K1LT
Operator(s): K1LT
Station: K1LT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ohio EM89ps
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

   80:   92
   40:   27
   20:   28
---------------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Well, the Mom thing worked out differently than expected.  After
spending the Labor Day weekend disassembling my station, office, and
workshop and reassembling parts of them elsewhere in the house, Mom
refused to relocate.  The actual relocation process is still pending
for various reasons, but we'll have to try again to move her.

Meanwhile, I wanted to use my station.  Rather than trying to
reassemble it in a new space and arrange new power and antenna feeds,
I just put most of it back where it came from.  I didn't reconnect any
receive antennas or rebuild the audio routing stuff.  But there was
enough station there to try the North American Sprint for the first
time.

This contest is definitely different.  Now that I am past the
"reluctant to make a fool of myself being a noob", I can do this
again
sometime, probably better.  The K3 didn't help by going 20 db deaf in
the middle of the contest, but with the preamp turned on, I could hear
most stations.

I'm going to keep this short since I have to drive to Findlay early
tomorrow to preside over the club meeting even though the expected
rains will keep almost everyone away.