[3830] NA Sprint CW AD0K LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, don@inbody.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW AD0K LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2018 05:05:40 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: AD0K
Operator(s): AD0K
Station: AD0K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Buda, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 2

   80:   3    00:08
   40:  16    00:35
   20:  30    01:03
---------------------
Total:  49     Mults = 20  Total Score = 980

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Five Land Rangers

Comments:

Fun evening. I am a rookie at this contest and it overwhelmed me at first until
I calmed down and got my ear up to speed.

20m was good, especially into CA. Had the antenna pointed that way. Got several
east coasters off the back of the beam.

Shifted to 40m at 01:06Z and found it busy but noisy from the local
thunderstorms. That band seemed more crowded than 20 and I had a harder time
getting anyone's attention.

Then, at 01:39Z, my XYL came into the shack to inform me that the air
conditioner was backed up and flooding. So, that took two hours.

I got back on for the last 15 minutes and worked 3 40m QSOs and 3 80m QSOs.

Still, managed 20 states and found N3BB on all three bands (except I think I
muffed his serial number on 80m...we will see.)