[3830] ARRL Sep VHF W0UC Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, husby002@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF W0UC Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2018 00:14:55 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  348   163  Total Score = 82,152

Club: Northern Lights Radio Society

Comments:

Best September contest in years, despite no significant enhancement on any
bands.  Good rover activity - thanks especially to AC0RA/R (sweep of 52 Q's),
KC0P/R, KC0SKM/R and K9JK/R.  Rover & digital activity Sunday afternoon
helped fill in the football doldrums (Viking games are bad, Packers v Bears are
REALLY bad!).

FT8 was again great at filling in distant regional grids on 6m and a few at
E-skip range.  MSK144 helped with a good number of skip-range grids.  Rocks
seemed fair, not great.  Notably missing were any TX stations other than K5QE.

One disappointment was the number of stations using 902 & 1296.  I could
have done much better on those, but various stations had those bands down or
were not carrying them.

All in all, it was a big improvement for a contest that has been dying in recent
years.  Hopefully we can carry this forward!

73
Paul W0UC
EN44HamRadio