[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2018 04:20:08 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Sep 20

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: k9zo
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:   42
   40:   91
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  133  Mults = 114  Total Score = 15,162

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

40 was open very nicely out west.  It is about 90 degrees outside and the
SteppIR worked on 40. About 80 degrees in the shack. I worked a lot of guys for
the first time and did not realize there were so many guys out there. The first
22 minutes brought 55 QSOs. Turned the antenna out east and the signals were
weak.  I miss having slopers which I could instantly find the loudest direction.
 at 0336Z I had 84 QSOs in the log.  There were not a lot a signals left on 40.
Went to 80 at 0343Z.  42 QSOs in 17 minutes. That was good and signals came from
all directions, but did not feel as strong as when I had the vertical up in the
winter.  Plans call for a self supporting 1/4 wave vertical for 80 and an
inverted L for 160.  At 0346 crossed 100 QSOs.  This is the best I have done in
a while and it is satisfying because I started a new cancer immunotherapy pill
this month and it seems to have less side effects that the last treatment.

I have had some help recently from some local guys and am making progress in
getting the shack set up.  I still have to assemble and sidemount a low yagi for
20, put up a low dipole for 40 far away for SO2R, put up verticals for 160 and
80, complete the ground system, work on the panel for filters, lightning
protection, and switching, and bring cables into the garage instead of the
window.  Much of the outside work is shaping up and I expect visitors tomorrow.
I ordered a DXE 7580FSVA-2 vertical and accessories this week and received the
3" pipe for the base. Concrete remains problematic as well as finding a
cheap source for 2000 ft of hardline.  No steroids, antibiotics, or oxygen was
used in this contest!