[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad W8EDU LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad W8EDU LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 04:08:27 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Sep 21

Call: W8EDU
Operator(s): W8EDU
Station: W8EDU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5

  160:
   80:   8      8
   40:  15      9
   20:   0      0
   15:   2      1
   10:
    6:
-------------------
Total:  25     18  Total Score = 450

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I was in the neighborhood for a Cleveland Orchestra concert, and knowing that
guys at the Case ARC hung around on Thursday evening, I arranged to stop by
afterward, say hello, and do my first contest in about 40 years from my old alma
mater's radio club. (I have done a few Field Days with the call but from other
locations).

Managed to get N1MM+ configured and talking to the FTDX-1200 with a few minutes
to spare, but when I entered the first QSO it would not increment the sent
number for the second. Scratched my head while the 20 meter window passed, and
then noticed it was now incrementing. So entered a fake dupe to catch up the
numbers and proceeded to 40 meters.

Unfamiliar radio and a very noisy location - S9+15 on 80 meters. Thanks to
Nathan, KB1QHX, for hanging around to let me do the sprint, and to figure out
station configuration. He does have some genetic background for contesting -
he's a nephew of DC multiplier and CWRU alumnus W3DQ.

73  -  Jim  K8MR