[3830] ARRL 10G+ W2RMA 10G Only LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W2RMA@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10G+ W2RMA 10G Only LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 00:06:33 +0000
                    ARRL 10 GHz and Up Contest

Call: W2RMA
Operator(s): W2RMA
Station: W2RMA

Class: 10G Only LP
QTH: WPA
Operating Time (hrs): 31

  10G:        33            23248
  24G:
  47G:
  75G:
 123G:
 134G:
 241G:
Light:
-------------------------------------
Total:        33            23248  Total Score = 26,548

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Super contest!  Wonderful scenery with plenty of wildlife, great group of
cooperative hams to work/chew the fat with, weather that supported long distance
Q's, best score ever, and I enjoyed a free steak dinner that satisfied a debt!

Revamped/improved rig was a joy.  Using a WG feed and a WG switch into a WG LNA
really helps ones hearing.  If you don't yet have a LO with a stable & known
frequency, get one.  Long Q's are much easier when you only have to manage one
variable, dish direction.

A contest hi-lite was working 734 KM to the K1OR/AA1I/N1DPM team at FN42wb Cape
Cod from FN00rg Blue Knob, central PA, along side K1RZ.  For all 5 of us, it was
the longest 3cm Q ever. Nearly 40% of my Q's were 400km+.  There is nothing like
a 6:30 am Q of 593km to get you started - better than coffee.
Both tropo and rain scatter helped.  If you haven't worked RS, get with it!
Would you like to work 578km SSB at 5x7?

The second weekend, K1RZ was a master teacher of how to work a contest.  The
W3SZ/K1RZ list was combed and scratched until the list gave up or we did,
whichever happened first.  What was extremely useful was to have two cell phones
- one Verizon and one ATT technology.  I have no connection to Consumer
Cellular, but found that their flexible plan met the need.  Sometimes V worked
and sometimes ATT worked.  Some of the best mountain sites (FN00rg, FM19aw,
etc.) can provide 4 bars and not connect via cell nor txt.

What a contest....why not one in the spring as well?