[3830] 222FallSprnt N2SLN(@N2SLN/P) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 222FallSprnt N2SLN(@N2SLN/P) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2018 04:33:23 +0000
                    222 MHz Fall Sprint

Call: N2SLN
Operator(s): N2SLN
Station: N2SLN/P

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FN22
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0

Total:  QSOs = 20  Mults = 12  Tot Dist(km) = 0  Total Score = 240

Club:

Comments:

The sprint took place during a rain-free moment between downpours, so I decided
to operate portable from a local hilltop in western FN22. I started the sprint
by calling CQ on 223.500 FM and turning the antennas in all directions just to
get that out of the way, and as usual, no takers. Switched to SSB and tuned to
the SSB portion of the band and that's when I heard an FM signal. Switched to FM
and luckily the antenna was still in the right direction to hear VE3CRU/R
chatting with someone. Worked K1TEO off the back of my beam on FM while waiting,
then when CRU/R said "QRZ" I worked him on FM at 190 mi / 306 km on my
10-el rover Yagi. Operated SSB/CW the rest of the night and did not notice any
enhanced conditions, just QSB.