[3830] TxQP N7MZW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP N7MZW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 21:20:18 +0000
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: N7MZW
Operator(s): N7MZW
Station: N7MZW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Cheyenne,WY
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   0       0      0
   80:   0       1      0
   40:   0      39      0
   20:   0       4      0
   15:   0       0      0
   10:   0       0      0
    6:   0       0      0
    2:   0       0      0
  UHF:   0       0      0
----------------------------
Total:   0      44      0  Mults = 33  Total Score = 3,404

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

[log removed from comments]

START-OF-LOG: 3.0
CREATED-BY: N3FJP's TXQP Contest Log (Out of State) 3.9
CONTEST: TXQP
CALLSIGN: N7MZW
LOCATION: WY.
CATEGORY-OPERATOR: SINGLE-OP
CATEGORY-STATION: FIXED
CATEGORY-TRANSMITTER: ONE
CATEGORY-POWER: LOW
CATEGORY-ASSISTED: ASSISTED
CATEGORY-BAND: ALL
CATEGORY-MODE: SSB
CATEGORY-TIME: 10 HRS
CLUB: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado
SOAPBOX: 500 Bonus for W5CT/M in 5 counties.
CLAIMED-SCORE: 3404
OPERATORS: N7MZW
NAME: Chuck Williams
ADDRESS: 3601 Dillon Ave Apt B
ADDRESS-CITY: Cheyenne
ADDRESS-STATE-PROVINCE: Wyoming
ADDRESS-POSTALCODE: 82001
ADDRESS-COUNTRY:
EMAIL: n7mzw1@gmail.com
SOAPBOX: IC-706MKIIG,Heil Pro Micro Headset,Vectronics HFT-1500 Manual Tuner,and
 a ZS6BKW flattop,up 50 feet,running N-S at 6,053 feet elevation from DN71 in
Laramie County Wyoming.This one really stretched my patience,as well as the
inherent limitations of my "1oo watts and a wire station". I'm looking
up at a First Place Non-Texas,Single Operator Phone Plaque on my wall,awarded
for the 2013 Texas QSO Party,and can't believe that the very same station only
garnered 44 lousy contacts and 33 mults for the 2018 running of this event. Nice
to work W5CT/mobile in 5 different counties for the 500 point bonus. Thanks to
all of the mobiles, who burned up a lot of gas in order to make those counties
workable by the rest of us. Only 1 Q on 80, and 4 contacts on 20 meters. Had the
usual "drive by" lids, who clearly heard me calling "CQ,Texas,CQ
Texas only", and still interrupted me from 6 Land and other equally
exciting locations, apparently to snag WY for WAS,or some other award. Such
activity always ends up being a big mystery later with regard to the QSL
data,and only started in the last year or so.All in all,this was a painfully
long event with way too many hours of calling CQ Texas with no results. Come on
Mr. SOL;Give us a break already Glad to help a few of my fellow Texans with the
Wyoming multiplier. Till next time,
N7MZW-Chuck-Cheyenne,WY. (born in San Angelo in 1957)
END-OF-LOG: