[3830] TxQP N5ZC Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rthorne@rthorne.net
Subject: [3830] TxQP N5ZC Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 21:57:35 +0000
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: N5ZC
Operator(s): W5JTC W5MT W5WTX N5ZC
Station: N5ZC

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:
   80:           67
   40:  368      58
   20:  103    1233
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  471    1358     0  Mults = 202  Total Score = 841,558

Club: Panhandle DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Luckily the calendar cooperated this year.  Normally our company fundraiser
falls on the same weekend. It looks like I won't have the conflict next year as
well.

What a great time we had.  Here are the op's:

W5JTC - Jeremy - Amarillo
W5WTX - Doug - Amarillo
W5MT - Matt - Murphy, TX

We had two Flex 6600's on the network with two pc's using N3FJP software.
SmartSDR along with a Flex Control Knob for each computer provided the rig
control.  An Antenna Genius 8x2 antenna switch and 4O3A high power band pass
filters and a Tri-Plexer handled the antenna system.

For amps we had a KPA-1500 for the run station and a KPA-500 for the mult
hunting station on 40m.

The antennas:

80M - JK801 Rotatable Dipole at 138'
40M - JK404C at 120' on tower one and a F12 Delta 240 at 85' on tower two
20m - JK Mid-Tri at 128', 88' on tower one and a F12 C31 at 78' on tower two

Stack matches allowed us to phase the mid-tri's on tower one and another stack
match combined the tri-banders between the two towers.  A stack match allowed us
to combined the two 40m yagi's.

The C31 and Delta 240 was generally pointed to the SE to pick up the rovers and
other fixed station Texas counties.

Next year I'm hoping to have another tri-bander on tower two that can always be
pointed to the east or west to compliment the tri-banders on tower one.  We
really needed our 20m signal going east and west vs east and south or west and
south.

We will also add a 40m NVIS antenna for the closer in counties.  We were
successful getting several close in counties on 80m but missed several rovers
that were close(within a few hundred miles) to Amarillo on 40m.  This was not a
surprise, I just ran out of time and didn't get a NVIS antenna up this year.

We ended up with 7500 Bonus points for working the following rovers:

N5RZ - 22 Counties
W3DYA - 12 Counties
K5GQ - 20 Counties
W5CT - 18 Counties
N5NA - 10 Counties

Thanks for roving guys!

W5MT and W5WTX spent most of their time on 40m chasing county mult's, good job
guys.

W5JTC and I (mostly Jeremy, W5JTC) split up the running on 20m.  20m Was the
bread and butter for qso points.

Until next year.....

Rich - N5ZC