[3830] TxQP W5RTA Multi-Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, martyrmeyers@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP W5RTA Multi-Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2018 23:43:23 +0000
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: W5RTA
Operator(s): W5MRM K5YB N5JJI KI5SC
Station: W5RTA

Class: Multi-Op LP
QTH: Bandera
Operating Time (hrs): 16

  160:
   80:           1
   40:          69
   20:         535
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   0     605      0  Mults = 83  Total Score = 100,264

Club: South Texas DX & Contest Club

Comments:

The STXDXCC had a good time operating the contest this year. We operated from
our club station just outside of Bandera, Texas. Conditions, both weather and
propagation, were challenging. We experienced heavy rain and lighting most of
the morning on Saturday and actually thought the contest would be a wash for us.
After lunch we found that 20 meters was open and provided plenty of long runs.
Generally 40 meters really works well for us but this year we had to rely
heavily on 20 meters. 40 meters was disappointing and we had limited success on
a dipole and a vertical. Only 26 Texas multipliers and unfortunately didn't get
any mobile bonus points. We worked all 45 US states, 7 of the Canadian provinces
and a bit of European DX.  All in all not a bad way to spend the weekend.