[3830] CQ WW RTTY K6LL SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K6LL SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2018 02:27:58 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K6LL
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 27
Radios: SO2R

   80:  152       47       9    10
   40:  513       55      56    29
   20:  609       53      74    27
   15:   32       11      16    11
   10:
------------------------------------
Total: 1306      166     155    77  Total Score = 882,366

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Band conditions were not good.  I couldn't run Eu on any band, and Eu S&P
was limited pretty much to the larger stations.  There were not many JA's, but
there were a surprising number of YB's, mostly inexperienced operators who were
not in the call history.

I didn't put in too many hours, taking a six hour break the first night, an 8
hour break the second night, a two hour nap on Saturday afternoon, and all of
Sunday afternoon off (including another 2 hour nap), after a big thunderstorm
associated with Hurricane Rosa came through.

Three hours before the contest on Friday, I decided to scrap my FSK keying
method (MORTTY and TinyFSK) and go back to my old PCIe serial ports.
Fortunately I had saved the old N1MM config file, and the switch was relatively
painless.  I found that the TinyFSK method was generating multiple line feeds at
the end of each message, eating up valuable time.  I have a fetish about keeping
RTTY messages short, especially since most other people seem to enjoy making
theirs long. I enjoy being contrarian.

After all is said and done, it was all fun.  Thanks for all the QSO's!

The antennas are a shorty 40 and tribander on a 48 foot tower. That setup was
installed 40 years ago, and remains essentially unchanged.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, Arizona

.