[3830] CQ WW RTTY VC3S(@VE3EID) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, egan.dennis88@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY VC3S(@VE3EID) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2018 11:34:07 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VC3S
Operator(s): VE3EID W1UE K1XM KQ1F
Station: VE3EID

Class: M/S HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  389       50      51    18
   40:  704       56      81    25
   20:  894       52      95    32
   15:  140       22      59    20
   10:   10        4       6     6
------------------------------------
Total: 2137      184     292   101  Total Score = 3,129,648

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Contest started slowly, and just stayed there.  No real European sunrise bump on
80 or 40 either morning.  20m didn't open to Europe until almost 1200Z both
days.  That made for long nights of just working USA at 40/hr.  15M was pretty
non-existant on Saturday, finally runnable to Europe for about an hour Sunday
starting at 1600Z.

Even though we were MS, there were long stretches where the multiplier station
had nothing to do.  We couldn't hear any of the spotted multipliers, and,
particularly Sunday morning, they couldn't hear us!  TO6OK and A44A were S7 for
hours but just CQed in our face on 15m.  We finally did get them (there was
little else to chase), but it wasn't easy.

Another CQWW RTTY is in the books!  Thanks to all that made it a success!

Dennis W1UE aka VE3WUE