[3830] CQ WW RTTY K1LT SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vkean@k1lt.com, mrrc@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY K1LT SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2018 15:33:00 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: K1LT
Operator(s): K1LT
Station: K1LT

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Ohio EM89ps
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:   29      17        7     6
   40:   84      22       35    12
   20:  159      18       42    15
   15:  159       7       43    14
   10:
------------------------------------
Total:  431      64      127    47  Total Score = 252,756

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The 'station off the air' alarm from Labor Day weekend turned out to
be a non-event.  My mom declined all offers by her children to
relocate and has entrenched herself in Massachusetts, despite threats
of incarceration by the Department of Protective Services.

I have partially reassembled my station but the receiving antennas are
mostly still not operational.  I had several 'soccer mom' chores this
weekend but worked around them to accrue points for the highly
addictive Grid Chase.

The opening Sunday on 15 meters was completely unexpected.  The
opening encompassed most of Europe except Scandinavia and seemed a lot
like an F-layer opening rather than E-skip.  Some 3830 reports said
there was a similar opening Saturday, but I wasn't around to hear it.
Other reports mention only the Sunday opening.  I did not hear any VK,
ZL or even KH6 on 15.

I made no attempt to work multipliers or even every station I heard.
Mostly I just called easy-to-work stations and ran stations when
running worked.

I think many stations were operating SO2R (or more) as there were
excruciating long waits for some stations to respond.  Perhaps
contests should have a 'delay of game' penalty although I have no idea
how such a rule could be implemented or enforced.

Equipment: K3, P3, 8410 at half power, 2 tribanders and 40 and 80
verticals.