[3830] CaQP NC6K SO(A)Fixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nc6k@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP NC6K SO(A)Fixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2018 22:52:22 +0000
                    California QSO Party

Call: NC6K
Operator(s): NC6K
Station: NC6K

Class: SO(A)Fixed HP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 18
Radios: SO2R

  160:   15      0
   80:  123      2
   40:  132      0
   20:  376    310
   15:  116      2
   10:   69      0
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Murphy visited big time this year. First, my SteppIR wouldn't tune to 40 M, so
had to use the dipole and let the beam sit unused at night. Then, I took a sleep
break, and when I came into the shack, the PC had rebooted and N1MM+ opened up
with all default settings as if it were a new installation. I spent 30 minutes
just getting everything back to where it had been - there just isn't enough
coffee!

As usual, family obligations cut the rest a bit short, but I managed to get 18
hours in, and may have just edged out my former #2 high score from 2012.

On the bright side, both 15 M and 10 M opened up on Sunday, and I was able to
get a bunch of nice CW runs going. I managed almost 200 QSOs on the two bands
combined, and that was about 200 more than I had expected going into the
contest. DX participation was very good on Sunday, and many NW European stations
called with fluttery signals on CW.

As always, my sincere thanks to all the stations who patiently corrected their
calls after I mangled them. This contest has great participation from all over -
that's what makes it the #1 state QSO party.