[3830] CaQP NW6P M/SFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@w9kkn.net
Subject: [3830] CaQP NW6P M/SFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2018 03:18:51 +0000
                    California QSO Party

Call: NW6P
Operator(s): WX5S NW6P W6BG
Station: NW6P

Class: M/SFixed HP
QTH: SCLA
Operating Time (hrs): 16.5

  160:
   80:          68
   40:         118
   20:  103    500
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was not only my first CQP, but my very first contest as well, so, apologies
in advance for any mistakes and/or snafus while on the air or in the logs.

First of all, a couple of thank yous:
- Tom/NW6P, for allowing me to operate his amazing station in Cupertino.
- Matt/WX5S, for starting the contest on CW and showing me the ropes. He got 38
multipliers on CW in about an hour on Sat morning so he definitely got me in a
very good spot!
- Bill/W9KKN, for being so convincing in getting me into CQP and introducing me
to Tom
and, last, but not least,
- Jack/W6FB for allow me to operate his equipment during several Field Days (a
quasi-contest :-) :-) ) and ultimately being responsible to provide that elusive
bug bite that started everything...

My QSOs started around 10AM after Matt's excellent CW stint.
20m worked really well for me until sunset with almost 400 QSOs. Moved to 40m
and made just over a hundred QSOs. TBH, I expected more, but it was enough to
keep me busy :-) 80m on a dipole was somewhat disappointing in terms of QSOs #
(40 or so) but signals were really strong. I called quits around midnight and
came back around 6AM on Sunday. Rounded up 40 and 80 with modest # of QSOs and
got back on 20m that got me at 500 QSO on that band.

I had a hard stop at 10AM on Sunday for previous commitments. I understand that
10m and 15m were pretty good on Sunday but did not have a chance to try them...
Overall great learning for future contests

Looking forward to what comes next!

--Max/W6BG operating NW6P