[3830] Makrothen RTTY K4WW SO/Single Xcvr HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, shelbyk4ww@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] Makrothen RTTY K4WW SO/Single Xcvr HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 16:18:02 +0000
                    Makrothen RTTY Contest

Call: K4WW
Operator(s): K4WW
Station: K4WW

Class: SO/Single Xcvr HP
QTH: KY
Operating Time (hrs): 12

------------
   80:   50
   40:  147
   20:  207
   15:   23
   10:    0
------------
Total:  427  Total Score = 1,995,884

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

I'm convinced that the increasing popularity of FT8 has diminished the level of
activity in mid-level RTTY contests? After playing with FT8 for about 3 weeks, I
completely understand. Prior to start of contest, I checked the bands, and the
FT8 portion of 15 meters was wall to wall with signals. I worked 13 in about 30
minutes, on 15. Start of the contest, 15 meters was completely void of RTTY
signals? Time will tell if FT8 replaces RTTY as the mode of choice, especially
in mid-level RTTY contests.
Thanks to all for the contacts. For those I could not print, I apologize