[3830] Oceania CW VK2PN SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vk2pn@bigpond.net.au
Subject: [3830] Oceania CW VK2PN SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 20:45:35 +0000
                    Oceania DX Contest, CW

Call: VK2PN
Operator(s): VK2PN
Station: VK2PN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: nr Sydney
Operating Time (hrs): 11:34

  160:    0     0
   80:   15    10
   40:  118    85
   20:   97    76
   15:   34    31
   10:    9     8
-------------------
Total:  273   210  Total Score = 195,720

Club: VK Contest Club

Comments:

Conditions were not great at all.  Also had problem with my wire antenna and my
vertical.  Both wrecked by strong wind/storm about ten o'clock local time.  I
could not use the lower bands until daybreak when I was able to repair the
damage.  Forty meters was the band where the action was.
The feeling is that not many stations participate. When the bands were
open/running the signals were good. 40 m VK stations signals were awesome.
Thank you JA stations for giving me a call on 10 m.  Thank you all US and JA
station for calls on 15 and 20 m.
The highlight was a 109 Q's run on LP EU.  Lasted short time, but it was fun.
The boys at E6Y were working hard the whole 24 hrs.
Yes it was mixture of frustration and fun overall.
73 all
de Patrick VK2PN