[3830] IlQP OM2VL(@OM8A) Non-IL HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, totya.om2vl@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IlQP OM2VL(@OM8A) Non-IL HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2018 14:15:27 +0000
                    Illinois QSO Party

Call: OM2VL
Operator(s): OM2VL
Station: OM8A

Class: Non-IL HP
QTH: Okoc
Operating Time (hrs): 8:00

  160:
   80:     13
   40:     84       32
   20:     67       47
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
------------------------
Total:    164       79  Mults = 95  Total Score = 38,665

Club: Slovak Contest Group

Comments:

[log removed from comments]

My friends on FB Jim N9JF and Matthew KD9ERS few days before the IL QP let me
know that this weekend will be IL QP ... of course I had it marked long time ago
on my calendar and I can take part.
But .... unfortunately on Friday my son was very unwell so we went to the
doctor. He sent us to the Hospital where he was at evening operated. Of course
when I back home from hospital at Friday midnight  wrote to my friend that I
must pass away this year the IL QP.
Fortunately my son Laci junior is a big fighter and on Saturday he felt well
when I visited him, so on Sunday when I went visited him I took with me laptop +
notes about QP etc and if everything OK with him and the trafic will be not BIG
maybe I can reach QTH before the QP started. He felt much much better and
traffic was okay - I was on the QTH 30 min before the QP.
I prepared setup and began the party.

And what a party !!!!! - fortunately 20m was good and some mobiles or portable
stations was few minutes also on this band + I can made solid pileup on SSB -
thanks to so many resident station who called me.

My last 20m QSO was at 20:51Z with N0I and my first 40m QSO was also with N0I at
20:31Z. First 80m QSO was with K9KM and unfortunately here I lost about 1 hour
because my antenna was turned to the JA ... I heard on my RX ant USA stations
but neverending callings and no any answer. when I seen where beaming my YAGI
and turned it to right direction in my first call back K9KM :)

It is amazing that I can worked with 95 counties and missed only: BROW, HANC,
LIVG, MNTG, MRCR, SANG, TAZW - 3 of this I called but can't break the USA wall.

My big handicap is that many stations are CQ only over 7.200 (where I can't
transmit) I missed because of this many QSOs + sure some multipliers.

My BIG thanks to W2WCM who moved down on my frq from 7.256 W0RMS/9 and to KE0FKE
who moved down AC0RA from 7.228 - it means 3 multipliers for me!

Of course my BIIIIIG THANKS to all mobiles for his excellent job and portable or
resident station.

Most QSO's with: (QSO/cty):
AD4EB 21/20
K0PC  15/15
KJ9C  14/14
W9AIU 12/4
N0I   11/11
W9AWE 7/5
AC0RA 7/7
K9BGL 6/6
K9NYO 4/4
W9Z   4/4
K7DZE 3/3
KM9O  3/3
N0AX/9 3/3
ND9E  3/3
W9WE  2/2

5 QSO: K9PG
4 QSO: K9CT, K9NR, WT2P/9

I have much more points than in last year, so pity that no DX category - of
course I can't competitive with US stations .... IL QP plaque will be missed in
my wall ;)

Thanks for organizing this FB QSO Party!

regards, Laci OM2VL

p.s. PLEASE paper QSLs! MY QSLs are on the way!