[3830] CQWW SSB K3DCW SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3dcw@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K3DCW SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 12:55:13 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K3DCW
Operator(s): K3DCW
Station: K3DCW

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Lothian, MD
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:   0      0        0
   80:   3      1        1
   40:  11      5        8
   20:  30     11       18
   15:  30      9       21
   10:   1      1        1
------------------------------
Total:  75     27       49  Total Score = 15,124

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First contest I've been able to get involved in since Sweepstakes last year.
Only had a couple of interrupted hours at the mic, spread out across about 4
hours of total time, so I spent it in unassisted S&P mode. 15m and 20m were
my most productive, because of the time of day, with lots of S. America, W.
Europe, and Hawaii on 15m, and JAs, Asiatic Russia, and Alaska on 20m. 40m and
80m were too early for me to maximize but I checked them out anyway.

It was good to be back in the chair. A couple of mis-pressed buttons here and
there on my new-since-last-contest rig, but the IC-7610/KPA500/KAT500 combo
performed smoothly. It looks like I'm going to be able to put in a decent effort
at Sweepstakes, so I'm appreciative for this opportunity to get some bugs worked
out and am getting anxious for mid-November.