[3830] CQWW SSB OH0R(OH2PM) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pertti.simovaara@pp1.inet.fi
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OH0R(OH2PM) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2018 15:51:46 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OH0R
Operator(s): OH2PM
Station: OH0R

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:  181    14       59
   80:  125    20       79
   40:  171    31      101
   20:  326    29      105
   15:  336    32      115
   10:    4     4        4
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

When I arrived at the station site on Friday afternoon I found the east bound
160 m sloping dipole laying on the road. The center piece was cut into two
parts.
I had to hurry up to get the dipole fixed and lifted up again before the sun
set. There are some 10 meter high trees around and of course the wire tends to
get stuck to the branches. After four hours of uninterrupted work I was
exhausted and sweaty, but had still to do some work with the rotating towers. It
was 0 deg C temperature and I got cold. I was feverish and had got hardly any
sleep before the contest. It was obvious that it is going to be a 48 hour
contest for me. I took some rest at times and managed to work until Sunday
morning, all together 21 hours.
The lower bands were quite productive but strange local noise copying hard on
160.
This week end was a new experience of the kind in my almost 60 years contesting
history.
I took the Sunday morning ferry to the continent. Now at home I feel well again
and looking forward to the CQWW CW part.

It was a pleasure to give OH0 multiplier on the low bands for those did  true
contesting.

Thanks for all the QSOs and your patience for several repeat request on 160.

See you all in the next contest, Pertti, OH2PM/OH0R