[3830] CQWW SSB ZF9CW SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB ZF9CW SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 02:29:36 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: ZF9CW
Operator(s): ZF9CW
Station: ZF9CW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Cayman Brac
Operating Time (hrs): 43.5

  160:  169    15       45
   80:  704    28       80
   40: 1442    24       66
   20: 1469    27       86
   15: 1636    26       81
   10:   30    10       20
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Came down about ten days before the contest to work on the antenna farm. Have
not put up a vertical by the water to compare yet but I accomplished putting up
a tower with a couple of homebrew tribanders stacked at 60 over 32 feet.  Some
more work to do but I think it is going to be an improvement in signal as well
as aesthetics as compared to six monoband verticals.  I got a lot of nice
reports regarding the signal strength from USA anyway.  I'm not sure the Yagi is
going to be an improvement for the long haul stuff but can hopefully do some
testing over the next few weeks.  We will be here until early December.

I decided to quit the contest after the first 24 hours, but after my wife told
me what she thought about that idea, I took a shower and a nap and decided to
get back on and do the best I could do.