[3830] CQWW SSB VE4GV SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE4GV SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 04:42:09 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE4GV
Operator(s): VE4GV
Station: VE4GV

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: MB
Operating Time (hrs): 5

  160:
   80:
   40:   36    14       34
   20:   90    25       81
   15:   30    14       30
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

Part time effort due to family wedding. I'm usually at VE6SV for this contest.

I put in 5 hours trying to work as many countries/band/zones as possible.
Nothing heard on 10, 80 or 160 form my city lot.  We had some propagation on 15,
20 and 40  but mostly in the 7 K km range - Western Africa, E. Atlantic Islands
and as far north as Zone 40. Its never fun being a VE4 in a DX test at the best
of times...even worse at this time of the cycle.

For most of the contest, if I heard em, I eventually worked em.  Exceptions were
ET, E44, 7q, 5H etc and a few deep Asia. Very little pacific action. KH7XS
strong here.

Maybe I'm just getting old but the appeal of running 2 pointers to the US for 48
ours , instead of working pile up from Europe or Ja doesn't appeal much anymore
after 47 years of contesting. If I'm gonna do domestic, it'll be in SS, CQP,
ARRL 160 or some other such test.

Hope VE4VT and VE4EA had fun at PJ2T.

73

Rob VE4GV