[3830] CQWW SSB N5DX(@N2QV) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N5DX(@N2QV) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 17:54:23 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N5DX
Operator(s): N5DX
Station: N2QV

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: NY
Operating Time (hrs): 36.5
Radios: SO2R
Remote Operation

  160:   65    11       38
   80:  209    17       78
   40:  413    32      100
   20: 1222    31      120
   15:  613    26      107
   10:   20     7       20
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Thanks again to Tariq and Scott for the use of their station.  I knew going into
this one that I'd be SO1P (single operator one parent) since my wife was out of
town for the weekend.  This meant figuring out a way to balance the well being
of two mini adults (ages 11 and 13) while still getting some on air time during
one of the biggest contests of the year.  Since I knew a full time effort just
wasn't in the cards, I decided to go assisted and have fun chasing DX.

I've always been curious if the added pressure to achieve the highest score
possible, with the goal of winning, results in a better score as compared to
just getting on the air with the goal being to have fun.  Still don't know the
answer but this weekend was certainly spent having fun and enjoying the magic of
the contesting sport.

Thanks to all of the DX stations that get on in this one and make it
interesting.  It's still very cool to work those rare countries in Africa or
have deep Asia call in at unexpected times.

I've gotta give props to my dad (ZF9CW), for doing yeoman's work the week
leading up to the contest.  He installed a 60 foot tower and stacked two
homebrew triband Yagis at his QTH on Cayman Brac.  Not bad for a guy that can
now officially tee it up from the gold tees.

See you all in a few weeks.

73,
Kevin, N5DX