[3830] CQWW SSB VA7QD(@VE7IO) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve7io@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VA7QD(@VE7IO) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 18:36:31 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VA7QD
Operator(s): VA7QD VE7TI VE7IO VE7GMP
Station: VE7IO

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 23.5

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   72     6        5
   40:  142    14       14
   20:  680    26       62
   15:  272    18       35
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------
Total: 1166    64      116  Total Score = 434,160

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

It was so nice to see 15 meters open for most of the contest. Propagation for us
was mostly south but we had good openings to Africa and Europe much to the
delight of our operators.
A problem with transmitted audio on one station plagued us through most of the
contest but we did discover the problem in the last couple of hours.  It was a
ticked box in the Windows audio setting that had to be unticked. A good lesson
for the next time.  It was an issue for our operator, John VE7TI, however he
carried on.  Thanks to the stations that provided us with feedback on the audio
issue it was key information and helped solved the problem.
A second problem with wav files for part of the contest was inconvenient but did
not slow down our intreped operator, Jeanne VA7QD, who carried on calling CQ.
As ususal a good time was had by all with a post contest discussion over a
chinese food dinner.
Thanks to all the stations who participated and provided us with QSO's as well
as important reports.
73
Fred VE7IO