[3830] CQWW SSB N1UR SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N1UR SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 22:49:35 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 42.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   60    10       34
   80:  257    21       70
   40:  475    27       88
   20: 1449    29      109
   15:  534    22       92
   10:   53     7       19
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I always enjoy this contest.  No matter what the conditions.  I actually felt
the conditions were as expected.  I was hoping for better 15M conditions and put
too much time there both days trying to get runs going.  The best one was Sunday
late morning but other than that 15M was disappointing.

As usual in this contest, the 80M conditions were better than the activity.  On
160M, I was able to get many EU mults through persistence but was not loud
enough to do any running.  Congrats to Ray, W2RE, and his great station in Maine
to be able to run effectively on 160M. Not happening here with the conditions of
the weekend.

20 and 40M were a lot of fun although 40M closed down early and stayed that way
this time.  Never could get an EU sunrise run going either day.  That cost me a
couple of hundred Qs on 40M vs the band strategy I was using.

The conditions suggested one more 90 min nap (0730 - 0900Z) Saturday morning
with EU closed on 40 and JA on the noise floor and not responding and 80M and
160M running producing few calls.

See you in the CW version...

Ed  N1UR