[3830] CQWW SSB VE6WQ(@VE6JY) SO(A)SB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, joel.weiner@ualberta.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE6WQ(@VE6JY) SO(A)SB40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 21:22:47 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE6WQ
Operator(s): VE6WQ
Station: VE6JY

Class: SO(A)SB40 HP
QTH: AB
Operating Time (hrs): 26

  160:
   80:
   40: 1031    33       94
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1031    33       94  Total Score = 280,416

Club:

Comments:

40m SSB has always been tough from here. With the very quiet geomagnetic
conditions I expected longer and stronger Eu openings. Nothing heard on the long
path either morning. Called lots of mults but they never heard me. 9K2NO said I
was booming into Zone 21 but couldn’t be heard at EK, HZ, A61 among others.
Couldn't work several SE Asia mults that had strong signals including 9V1, VR2.
Missed several easy European mults including GM, GW, GI, PA, EW as we never had
propagation. Only 1 OH and 1 SM and they were difficuLt– very unusual. Called
several zone 29 stations without success. Conditions varied greatly with
excellent conditions on Sunday morning but rather mediocre conditions on
Saturday morning. No JA runs either morning. On Sunday A5A was booming in along
with a number of VUs.
As always Don was a great host.
Equipment: IC7610, homebrew amp, two 5 ele yagis on 150 foot towers, 3 element
yagi and 2 logs on other towers
See you on CW