[3830] CQWW SSB K3EST(@N6RO) SO(A)SB40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobk3est@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K3EST(@N6RO) SO(A)SB40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 23:05:06 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K3EST
Operator(s): K3EST
Station: N6RO

Class: SO(A)SB40 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 33

  160:
   80:
   40: 1067    36       95
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1067    36       95  Total Score = 365,000

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

It was an interesting contest. Asia was OK but Europe was a REAL struggle. I
called P33W and several LZ's at least 50 times without success until LZ5R heard
me for my only zone 20. Never heard UN, LA, OY, YL, and any G except M6T, no ER,
OE, EA6 etc. Heard but not wrked A6, A4, A7, HZ, 4X, SV, PA, FR4, 5Z4, P3, C4.
The absorption was terrific from  here in the far western, middle west coast.
Nice to work A5A Zorro and gang and XT2SZZ, Tine and gang.
544 JA's,67 YB and 25 VKs. I was beaming in VK direction but signals were weak.
Missed zones 34, 36, 37 and 39. Heard 37 and 39 but never heard 34 or 36.
Sunday morning several US/VE stations further north were able to get into
Europe/Middle Esat short path. I tried but not a single signal was heard.
Very nice to work so many friends in Japan!
All and all a fun event. Thanks to WX5S, NA6O, K6DAJ for keeping it interesting.

Of course thanks to Ken, N6RO for his hospitality.
Thanks for the QSOs!
Bob, K3EST