[3830] CWopsT VE9AA QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT VE9AA QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 14:11:40 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Oct 31

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NB
Operating Time (hrs): 0.9

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  13
   20:  11
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  24  Mults = 24  Total Score = 576

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

I really tested you guys this mornin' !

Went OLDE SKOOL.....Used my new-to-me, Ten Tec R4020 QRP rig and a cr@ppy Zs6BKW
that's half fallen down at 25'.

20m pwr was ~2.6 Watts (SWR 1.5:1) and 40m started out at ~1.3 Watts, falling to
1 Watt at the end.(SWR 2.5:1)

Most frustrating part for me on this end was not getting beat out on the jump
balls (not every time mind you) but the coarse tuning on this rig. Gah !  I wish
it was a little finer, but hey, it's not a contest rig and it does have an RIT,
so if I wanted to line up each and every Q, I could've I s'pose.

It was a lot of fun, but I probably won't repeat it this afternoon.  Batteries
are near dead in the little fella and I don't especially like guys CQing in my
face, hi !

Best ears on 40m was a tie between Puck and Dan (W4PM & W8CAR)...Neither
very loud at all....and both heard me first go.

Best ears on 20m was Rudy, UR5MM....Nice to work 5 EU's with 2.6w and a saggy
dple!

Last Q was squeaked in with Marv N5AW, who was a bazillion over S9---thanks!

dit dit !

Mike @ home...TT R4020, Zs6BKW, pencil/paper/butt parked in a chair