[3830] CQWW SSB A73A M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB A73A M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2018 10:37:02 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: A73A
Operator(s): A71AE A71AM A71BX A71EM A71FJ A71GO A75GE A75GM A75GN F4HJD LY4L
IV3KKW IZ5DIY OZ1ADL OE3FTA OE3MZC ON5UR M0UNN
Station: A73A

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Al Khor
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  121    12       42
   80:  838    27      101
   40: 1938    32      117
   20: 2168    36      123
   15: 1709    34      124
   10:  119    11       38
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Thanks to the members of A73A for the effort applied to make it happen again
this year.
Thanks to all station for the contact during the contest.
The start of the contest went very well. We were doing better than last year
rate. After 9 hours, a storm with lightning strikes hit the station and we were
forced to:
Stop all stations for 2 to 3 hours.
Cranked down 40m and 10m towers
Lightning strike hit 20m tower!
After the storm, we found that 20m and 15m upper antennas are faulty, 40m
rotator is not working, and stack boxes are faulty and lost 20m FT-5000 radio,
also lost two verticals from 4SQ 80m. We tried to be on the air and working
stations with what was available!
We spent the time until the end of the contest fixing stations and push in our
energy to the limit to keep the station running until the end of the contest.
The team did a great job!
We kept running 20m and 15m with only lower antennas stacked to EU. After 12
hours from the storm, the upper antennas were fixed and back to normal, but
again 20m rotator was not working until the end of the contest and we were
running 20m by stacked 5X5 to EU only!
15m was OK but we stopped the station many times because of the storms during
the weekend. 10m was beaming to EU only, and the band was not in good condition.
80m with two verticals phasing EU and the signals were amazing.
In all, we made it until the end of the contest, we gathered, enjoyed, and made
new friends, we learned and gained more experience and everyone was satisfied
with the result regardless the number of stations and time lost in the contest.
Station setup is
160m / InvL on the beach / FT 1000MP / Acom 2000
80m / 4SQ / FT 2000 / Acom 2000
40m / 4 ele full size / FT 5000 / Acom 2000
20m / 5X5 ele / FT 5000 / Acom 2000
15m / 5X5 ele / FT 2000 / Emtron DX2
10m / 5 ele / FT 2000 / Acom 2000
Damaged equipments are (FT-1000 MP, FT-5000, 3 rotators, antenna switch box)

CU soon es 73
de A71BX