[3830] SS CW WC7CW(K7BG) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW WC7CW(K7BG) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 03:36:13 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WC7CW
Operator(s): K7BG
Station: K7ABV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 17:35

------------
  160:
   80:   11
   40:  234
   20:  430
   15:   43
   10:
------------

Club: Big Sky Contesters

Comments:

Thanks to Eric (K7ABV) and Diane (K7BFH) for the use of their antennas and
thanks to our neighbors in between us (Del and Sharon) for letting me string
coax across their yard to get to K7ABV's antenna switchbox.

This was an unorthodox operation that was thrown together at the last minute. I
hadn't planned on operating as I took down my two towers this summer having sold
our acreage out of town. That was the QTH that I operated from the last 23
years. Eric and I multi-op'd last year, but he was out of town and when he asked
me if I wanted to use his station I just wasn't feeling it. But Saturday morning
with my wife gone all weekend I figgered I better try and make some noise so I
called Eric who was out of state and asked if I could string some coax over to
his RCS-4 box. I had a couple RCS-4 controllers laying around so he said sure
and he said why don't you just go into the house and operate? I said I wanted to
do it field day style so I operated from my house, ran coax across the neighbors
yard to their delight and hooked into Eric's tower and antennas. I just ran one
radio since I only had one feedline and that made it a pretty laid back
operation. I even went to church Sunday morning when 15 was hopping.

Worked ID and PR in the last hour and heard ND, but missed it and NL and VI.
Never did hear them except for NP2X who was giving out PR in QRP class.

Very nice to hear all the 49ers in honor of W0AIH. What a phenomenal ambassador
he was for ham radio. Was also nice working the K4VX callsign. It brought back
memories of that crushing signal I used to hear when I first got licensed over
40 years ago.

Lots of 60 checks. A few less 50 checks but still a bunch. Some nice new blood
in the game it seems at least by some of the late checks.

Congrats to some great A power scores out there.

Thanks again to K7ABV and great to work all you great ops.

All the best for the Holidays,

Matt -- K7BG (op: WC7CW)