[3830] SS CW W1XX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1xx@cox.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW W1XX Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 17:24:35 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W1XX
Operator(s): W1XX
Station: W1XX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: RI
Operating Time (hrs): 16.8

------------
  160:
   80:  187
   40:  375
   20:  127
   15:   11
   10:
------------

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

For what it's worth, here's my take on CW SS do's and don'ts:
1.  NR and PREC are separate items in the exchange and should be sent separated
by a space.
2.  Same applies to CK and SEC , though they are logged in "pairs" in
most logging programs.
3.  My pet peeve is cut numbers in the exchange.  No place for them in the NR or
CK.  Will only lead to repeats.  Hate 'em.
4.  Launching into the exchange like a racehorse out of the starting gate often
fouls me up on receive.  Before you know it, the exchange is into the call-sign.
Most send "NR" first which says in effect: "Get ready to
copy."  I like that.  Responding with the call-sign of the run station is
optional.
5.  I still like a real acknowledgement of receipt of the exchange, such as
"TU."  However, proceeding to send the exchange is tacit QSL.
6.  When looking for a run frequency, "QRL?" first.  "QRL"
should be the response if busy, but chances are the frequency thief doesn't
care. "C" is a good response also but a little Spanish here will
probably be met with lack of comprehension. Get ready to slug it out.
7. What do you do if the run station calling CQ gets your call wrong?  Don't
send your exchange until he gets your call right.  Just send your call again
until he gets it right.  This applies to all contests and DX pileups.
8.  These suggestions based on some 60 years of SSing with guidance from mentors
like W9IOP, W4KFC, KH6IJ, sand W0AIH.