[3830] SS CW N4KH SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4kh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N4KH SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2018 00:56:27 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N4KH
Operator(s): N4KH
Station: N4KH

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: Alabama
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
  160:
   80:  179
   40:  460
   20:  141
   15:   12
   10:
------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

Conditions were better than I expected and the bands were pretty quiet at my
QTH. Saturday activity was pretty good. Rates fell off Sat night and Sunday to
make this one a bit of a slog. In hindsight my score would have been better if I
had done alot more S&P given the way things played out. Worked NP2X for what
I thought was VI and a clean sweep on 20m Sunday afternoon, but no mistake he
sent his section as PR so I left it as logged. Sections only worked once: NE,
NNY, NT, PAC.

I'm still having a problem with ops missing the last dit on my call - copying me
as N4KS (or depending too much on auto-fill), and in some cases insisting I'm a
dupe. It is getting worse every contest. N4KS in FL was very active. Not sure
how to solve this one other than tweek the way N1MM sends my call slightly.

Its always fun to discover issues the morning of the contest. This year I
discovered a broken solder joint on my 'L' that I use as an alternate 40m/160m
antenna, so I made a quick repair. Then I discovered the ground line was also
broken and fixed that. Then it loaded nicely, but as it turns out I didn't use
it much.

I haven't been able to work as many contests this year so it sure was fun to get
into the mix. Looking forward to CQWW CW. Thanks for the Q's.

Jim N4KH