[3830] SS SSB VA7ST Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB VA7ST Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 03:46:57 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: VA7ST
Operator(s): VA7ST
Station: VA7ST

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 9

------------
  160:
   80:    6
   40:   26
   20:  418
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I had a tough time finding multipliers -- ended up missing ND, ME, EB, WWA, BC,
GTA, NL and SK. Heard some EB and GTA working others but they were gone before I
could get to them, and they didn't call when I was running.

Special thanks to K7IR for hearing me on 20M and sticking with me to get things
through for EWA -- often the toughest section for me. There was virtually no
path between us, but he got it all after a couple of tries. Then a little while
later a big surprise working VE3RCN in.... Alberta, which is perennially my
second- and sometimes first-toughest section.

Odd how some years the formerly easy ones become the hardest -- I'd never have
predicted EB, GTA, BC and SK would be so rare from here this weekend. Been a
while since I've missed any of those.

Ended up putting in just 9 hours this time, but easily beating last year's
14-hour effort by 9,500 points.

This year --  9 hours: 450 Qs and 75 mults for 67,500 points
Last year -- 14 hours: 382 Qs and 76 mults for 58,064 points

The difference was a better receiver. Much better. Gotta like the new SDR for
SSB contesting. My ears loved having such a quiet passband to work in. Now let's
see how it does in the biggie next weekend. Who's up for some CW?

Count me in for sure. See you out there.

-- Bud VA7ST