[3830] SS SSB N9IO SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9io@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N9IO SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 08:29:57 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N9IO
Operator(s): N9IO
Station: N9IO

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:  217
   40:   26
   20:   24
   15:    3
   10:
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Well this turned out to be a better radio weekend than I had anticipated.
I thought I would get 100 or so QSO's in as my time was limited.
Sunday evening operating Unlimited class I started chasing down multipliers
indicated on N1MM software Mult window slowly picking them off one by one
believing the last few CO, OK and NL were just not going to happen.
Got CO soon enough, and then there was two.
I went out to pick up takeout for my xyl and I, sat down afterward and there
was NL (Loud!) First call, woa!
Cool but OK, come on no way right.
I found my fellow SMC buddy Chuck KI9A running down in St Louis on 80m.
I told Chuck now I need to work Oklahoma for a sweep.
Immediately K5LAD chimed in on Chuck's freq and says "hey Oklahoma is here
if you don't mind." Chuck says yes please do.
I worked him for the sweep at 139 QSO's. Next Chuck worked him.
And that is the craziest SWEEP I have ever had. Thank you K5LAD!!!
I was so stoked that I made the rest of the evening all about MORE SCORE!
A nice run on 80m netted 270 QSO's at the end of the test.
Yahoo!!! Not my best score but very happy with the ending all considered.

73' Clay N9IO
Go SMC!
Society of Midwest Contesters