[3830] SS SSB WT2P SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wt2p@wt2p.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB WT2P SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 16:57:50 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: WT2P
Operator(s): WT2P
Station: WT2P

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:  263
   40:  142
   20:   26
   15:   10
   10:
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Initially was going to just try to go for 200 and figured I probably wouldn't
get the sweep. Conditions were poor from here Saturday night and I wound up
staying in the chair at K9ZO's inspiration. Ended up the first night with 300
q's.

Missed all of Sunday morning, but got started back Sunday afternoon with around
68 sections and used the power of the packet to knock off a lot of new sections,
especially on 20 and 15 to end up with 79 sections. Got NE on 40, back down to
20 and got N6MJ in ORG, then up to 15 where I was surprised to work PR. All that
was left was VY1AAA and a VO1. Surprisingly, got VY1AAA on 40.. All that was
left was a VO1 .. Went back on 80 and called CQ and got a few callers in spurts,
then saw that VO1BQ was spotted not too far above me. Presto! It was a big
pileup, and several folks here in IL were working him. It was a real shock when
he said 2 Papa? ... I got him for the sweep.

This is a personal best for me in SS SSB, previous best was in 2015 when I was
Single Op LOW - 53820, 345 x 78.

Nice to work so many SMC'ers, especially on 80. Didn't hear much local stuff on
40.

73,
WT2P