[3830] SS SSB AA4LR SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB AA4LR SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 17:34:54 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: AA4LR
Operator(s): AA4LR
Station: AA4LR

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 3

------------
  160:   0
   80:   9
   40:  44
   20:  22
   15:  10
   10:   0
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Antenna:
80/40m trap dipole at around 10m high

Equipment:
Elecraft K2/100 w/ KAT100 running 100 watts
Heil BM-10 headset with electret replacement mic

Comments:

Just got on Sunday for a few hours to hand out some Qs from the Fulton County
QTH. Conditions seemed poor. Nothing heard on 10m at all, and 15m was slim
pickings as well.

Signal levels seemed quite down. This is probably due to my awful antenna. At
one point I tried to raise it a few feet higher, but it's snagged on a tree
branch. I need to re-throw this antenna to put it in a better place.

I tried to hook up my K1KP-style voice keyer, but I couldn't get it to record or
talk through the microphone. Then it dawned on me -- I'd replaced the microphone
element in the BM-10, since the old HC-4 element had given up the ghost. My
K1KP-style voice keyer box doesn't provide bias voltage. I'll have to fix that.

A good time on the radio.