[3830] CQWW CW VE3CV SO(A)SB160 Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jjw5257@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE3CV SO(A)SB160 Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 13:20:11 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3CV
Operator(s): VE3CV
Station: VE3CV

Class: SO(A)SB160 LP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: EN93el
Operating Time (hrs): 7:37

  160:  57     11       32
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total:  57     11       32  Total Score = 5,805

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Well that was tough.  My local windtowers never stopped turning the whole
contest!
I spent all day Thursday and Friday installing my temporary 600ft Beverages
facing EU (45), AF (90), and JA (330) hoping for great things.  Wore myself out
doing that so went SB160 so I could sleep.  All S&P, so I think the
Beverages worked well but windtowers, fog, rain static all combined to make
hearing difficult.  Had to leave so many double mults on the table.

So conditions.  Please tell me that EU sunrise was not great.  I got DJ0MDR in
the log at 0017, the earliest I have ever worked into EU with 100W....usually
have to wait until 0200Z.  So I though things were going to be great.  But
Caribbean was difficult to hear and nada from West Africa.  So when I got only
two in the log between 0300 (F5IN) and 0400 (HI3T) it was time to pull the
plug.
Morning was just as bad...seeing the spots by no VK, ZL, JA, or KH6.

I thought Saturday night was worse with only EF8R in the log between 0200 and
0330!  Sheesh! Sunday morning the same....only KH7M at 1200Z out of the
pacific.

Maybe time for a remote RX operation......and I'm already in the
"country".
OK...my venting has helped. Hi.   Ah, I wish it was 2009 again.

Will try again for ARRL 160CW next weekend.  Good Luck to all.

73
Jeff VE3CV

Station:
Rig: FT-1000MP (1995 vintage +INRAD filters) 100W
RX:  3 Beverages and two 200ft BOGs for S and W.
N1MM+ Logger worked great as usual!