[3830] CQWW CW KL0R(@KL7RA) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wigi@kl0r.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KL0R(@KL7RA) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 00:27:53 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KL0R
Operator(s): KL0R
Station: KL7RA

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: ALASKA
Operating Time (hrs): 38
Radios: SO2R

  160:  175    15       29
   80:  127    21       38
   40:  485    33       92
   20:  380    33       94
   15:  187    20       29
   10:    1     1        1
------------------------------

Club: North Poke Contest Group

Comments:

Another contest where overall crappy conditions turned out to be a huge boon for
the KL7RA station...

Things that have never happened before - pileups to Europe on 80 and 160. 160
and 80 had signals on them for the entire contest... and I could have sat on
either band all night and had a steady rate. 40 was the go-to band, with
worldwide propagation for the entire 48 hours. 20 also had signals the entire
time. 15 had some decent rate, and I got every last Q out of 10... a PY... it
must have been a meteor scatter thing or something... but I got them first
call.

I had some unrelenting technical problems, and they frustrated me and a friend
that tried to help me fix them before the contest. The result was a lot of
workarounds every ten minutes or so... but I got pretty good at getting back on
track... and it helped me with my sending, since the keyer was offline while I
rebooted the computer.\

The hardware performed flawlessly... I felt we were loud all the time.

This would have been a much more fun contest as M/x, because the bands were open
so strongly... but it was fun to have options!

I would have liked to be more serious, but I wasn't prepared for it... and the
technical stuff would have frustrated me no end... so a relaxed and fun contest
is what it was.

Congratulations to Redd, AI2N, who got KL0 on 160 his first call... after years
of trying... conditions had to be just bad enough... and they were!

Apologies to Larry, N1TX at KL2R... apparently I poisoned the contesters with my
call, and it made for a lot of frustrating fills for him.

As of this afternoon, there is still no snow on the ground... the antenna gods
are tempting me to take on more antenna projects. Unfortunately, I have a few
still.

Thank you all for your calls. a fun contest!

73, Wigi, KL0R