[3830] CQWW CW K2AX M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bob_beyer@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K2AX M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 00:42:21 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K2AX
Operator(s): K2AX N2UU NY3B AK2S N3RG KE2D
Station: K2AX

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 45:15

  160:  145    16       69
   80:  382    23       90
   40:  835    33      122
   20: 1713    33      138
   15:  444    23      101
   10:    2     2        2
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks again to our host, Mark K2AX and is wife Donna for putting up with us,
feeding us, and the great station.
We improved over last year by about 1 million points.  We got 33 more
multipliers and 65 more QSOs on 160m vs last year on the newly rebuilt 160m full
wave delta loop.
We had to QRT late on Saturday night when a heavy rain storm brought some
lightning but it was only for about 30 minutes.  However, the rain played havoc
with the low bands and the 40m beam was completely unusable for Rx.  Luckily the
beverage still heard well to NE (Europe) and we kept going.
The new IC-7610 worked very well.  The only hiccup was that I had some trouble
getting it to boot up on Friday but I now suspect that what happened was that
the radio had the power turned off while it was still turned on and when power
was restored, it was confused.
I only wish 10m had opened even for an hour but we kept an eye on it all day
Saturday and Sunday and nothing ever happened except for the occasional rogue
spot and US local station.  Maybe in a couple years it will come back.