[3830] CQWW CW N6WT SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kilo6dko@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N6WT SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 00:44:35 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N6WT
Operator(s): N6WT
Station: N6WT

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Huasna Valley, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 19.25

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    8     6        6
   40:  251    32       84
   20:  310    33       96
   15:  103    19       34
   10:    1     1        1
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

We had guest over for Thanksgiving weekend so I had limited time in the seat. I
sat down at the start of the contest but discovered my SPE 1.3k amp would not
follow band changes by the radio. After about an hour I figured out that I had
installed an update to DDUtil and played with it for a while but could not get
it to work. I found the previous version in my trash folder and reinstalled
it.It worked like a champ but then I had problem with my SteppIR DB36 would not
tune on 40 meters. I recalibrated 4 times and then it worked. Not sure what
happened there since it worked fine the rest of the weekend.

I missed any opening on 20 meters on Friday and 40 was not to good for me then.
I went to bed feeling like I was doomed. Saturday we had guest so i only got on
a little bit. Sunday was great. I worked a ZL for my only qso on 10m. I worked
him and then listened to him fade away. 15m was fairly active and I worked some
EU and AS there. 20m opened way early for me and was alive for a long time. 40m
opened into EU at 14:30 local time for me which was a great surprise, it left me
a lot of time to work some new EU mults.

Fun as always.
73
Kent
N6WT