[3830] CQWW CW VE3RSA/7 SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tom_clelveand@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE3RSA/7 SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 01:51:05 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE3RSA/7
Operator(s): VE3RSA
Station: VE3RSA/7

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Gulf Islands, BC
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160:
   80:
   40:  127
   20:  118
   15:   20
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Being a "little pistol" contester  (small station low power, modest
antennas) from Southern Ontario, I have manged to work the occasional few JA
stations and of course ZL and VK and KH6... and I have often wondered how the
"other coast" lives and decided this was the year to find out what
exotic call signs I could put in the log during CQWWCW from a little closer up.
I packed up my modest gear (K2  40m verical, and 2 el tribander on a 30'
telescoping mast and headed to the Beautiful Coast of British Columbia !
,
Though the total QSO number above is small, the experience was huge !  I
consider the trip a great success! I managed to work countries I've never heard
before and only seen in maps or the CQ results line scores I read every year ...
It brought back that initial thrill when I discovered Ham Radio -  of hearing
new and exotic locales through the magic of antenna and radio. I think for me
this is the best reason to keep contesting - the mystery of where and who you
can reach next ...

There were the usual logistic and technical challenges ( limited to 50 watts
most of the time) and non -ideal location for non Asia Pacific directions, but
despite those annoyances I had a blast , and the views from and beauty of the
Gulf Islands is nothing short of stunning.

As always thanks to those with patience and skill to hear my tiny signal
(Special Mention to VK2GR for pulling me out of the noise!!)

See you all next year ( maybe from one of those more exotic locales ??? )

Tom VE3RSA