[3830] CQWW CW OG7A(OH6MW) SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ari.vepsalainen@kolumbus.fi
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OG7A(OH6MW) SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 08:51:57 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OG7A
Operator(s): OH6MW
Station: OH6MW

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 42
Radios: SO2R

  160:  431    21       74
   80:  927    34      111
   40: 1036    35      130
   20: 1151    35      126
   15:  112    27       95
   10:   71     6       20
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

It was fun. Very special propagation on 160m.  There were moments when VE7
skimmers copied me on top band and I was called by Alaska, Uruquay, zone 3
station and so on. I have two verticals but no special rx antennas at the
moment. Zone 2 on 160m was a new one and last missing zone on 160m. I haven't
ever seen such great top band propagation during major contest, fantastic.

80m was good too, 40m fine but 20-15-10 were normal. But we got some short US
openings on 15m too. Even 10m showed some propagation and VU logged there
together with Europeans.

I probably made my new cq cw qso record, 3728 qsos but mults and points are less
than few years ago. Low band propagation was so good that is was sometimes
difficult to stop s&p dxing and just run qsos. A lot of room for improving.

Had some technical problems, circuit breaker of the tower rotation gave problems
on Saturday morning for the first time and had to go outside to check the boxes.
Fortunately it was an easy fix.  40m relays showed some wearing from hot
switching. About 42-43 hours of operating time.

Fantastic CW contest. Thank You All, 73

Ari OH6MW OG7A