[3830] CQWW CW LY5W M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW LY5W M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 09:04:38 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LY5W
Operator(s): LY2NZ LY5W LY6M
Station: LY5W

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Kriemala
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  345    15       65
   80:  715    21       85
   40: 1070    37      134
   20:  569    36      134
   15:  152    28       88
   10:   20     3       12
------------------------------

Club: Vytautas Magnus Univ Radio Club

Comments:

When I back from my trip to California I had no idea how to operate in contest.
First what I am doing before big contest - looking to records (country). I found
2017 M/S low power record set by LY4L 2.2mln points. Hmmm, they were both with 2
other guys , they are World Low power Champions!
To beat World WRTC Champions?
Why not?
My station is almost complete, I have all bands and at least 2 different
antenna's on every band, few beverage antenna's for RX. But I have only 1 radio.
No real vertical on 80/160m.

Quickly search in my phone numbers and calling few old friends, CW lovers. Oleg
LY1DZ say - no, sorry, want to try his new verticals. Dan - LY1DS/LY6M say YES,
but he need to call some people to get trcvr (he got TS570 - sh..t), Rimas LY2NZ
say QRX few days, and after he say - YES. Arriving 200km+ with IC7400.
Both guys also wanted to see basketball game on friday in Kaunas Žalgirio
arena. I got tickets and after all we are in my QTH. As always some problems
with equipment, but 00.03z we started. After 48 hours non-stop our result (new
Lithuania record) looks:
Band QSOs Pts ZN Cty Pt/Q
1,8 345 414 15 65 1,2
3,5 715 918 21 85 1,3
7 1070 1688 37 134 1,6
14 569 1334 36 134 2,3
21 152 295 28 88 1,9
28 20 17 3 12 0,9
Total 2871 4666 140 518 1,6
Score: 3.070.228
1 Mult = 4,4 Q's
No hours more than 100+ QSO/h but many 90+
Only 27 JA's in the LOG, but 418 USA QSO's
Multiplier on 20m more than giant MM station in LY :)
On 40m 37 zones worked with 100w!!!
TNX for QSO's - CUL!
Sam LY5W